The Model 178 Series variable capacitance pressure sensors are low range differential pressure transmitters. Each unit features a push-activated ZERO function and an associated LCD display. With a convenient push button, the zero calibration can be performed without any additional equipment. It is with NEMA 4 (IP-65) rated aluminum enclosures, they are very rugged and very reliable.
The Model 178 Series surface mount pressure transducer/sensor is available for full scale pressure range from 0 to 0.1″WC till 0 to 100″WC. Both unidirectional and bidirectional pressure ranges are offered. The output of the Model 178 Pressure Transducer is available in two versions: 0 to 5VDC and 0 to 10VDC, where 0VDC is true zero without offset. The output of Model 178 Pressure Transmitters is 4 to 20 mA. All units are temperature compensated. The accuracy can be 0.6%, 0.4% or 0.25% at room temperature. Bidirectional pressure transducer available on alphainstruments.com, feel free to contact!
The patented variable capacitance pressure sensor is constructed by stainless steel and glass, no glue or other organics. That provides excellent performance, corrosion resistance and long-term stability.
Key Features of Alpha 178 variable capacitance pressure sensor:
- 3-1/2 Digit LCD Display
- Push Button Zero Calibration
- Up to 15 PSI Proof Pressure on all Ranges
- Miswiring Full Protection
- Rugged Aluminum Housing Rated NEMA 4/IP65
Specification of Alpha 178 surface mount pressure sensor:
- Accuracy: ±0.25%, ±0.40% or ±0.60% of span
- Differential Pressure Ranges:
- Unidirectional: 0.10 in.W.C. to 100.00 in.W.C.
- Bidirectional: ±0.10 in.W.C. to ±50.00 in.W.C.
- NEMA 4/IP65; Die-cast aluminum
- Mounting: surface mount
- Output signal: current or voltage
Process Applications of Alpha 178 surface mount pressure transducer:
- HVAC and VAV Control
- Clean Room and Isolation Rooms
- Duct Static Pressure Measurement
- Draft Control and Fume Hood Control
- Furnace Air Flow Control
- Power Plant Air Flow Monitor and Control